This Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Dip can be made in 10 minutes and is the perfect game day appetizer. It’s made with a non-fat Greek yogurt base, mashed roasted red peppers and creamy goat cheese!
This creamy dreamy goat cheese dip comes together in 10 minutes and is a true appetizer for the world! We like to eat this dip cold, but we have no doubt that it is also delicious hot.
The food processor makes this Roasted Red Pepper Goat Cheese Dip recipe SUPER easy. All you have to do is throw all your ingredients into it and you’re good to go! And, this creamy dip makes the perfect game day appetizer, dinner party, or snack.
What you need for this goat cheese dip
- Roasted Red Peppers in a Jar: We love using them as they are so much easier than roasting red peppers yourself!
- Fat-free Greek yogurt: Nonfat Greek yogurt keeps things nutritious without piling on the calories. It’s also packed with protein!
- Goat cheese: The goat cheese has a tangy flavor profile and adds some richness to the dip.
- Fresh thyme: Fresh thyme adds an earthy element to this creamy dip.
- Lemon juice: Lemon juice adds a bit of acidity to cut through the creaminess of the dip.
- Food processor: Using a food processor makes this recipe easy! All you have to do is throw in all your ingredients and MIX! If you don’t have access to a food processor, try using a high-speed blender.
Get the top 10 5 star recipes!
Join our email list for new recipes and BONUS: get the top 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipe e-books!
Variations and Substitutions
- Exchange Greek: If you want to make things a little creamier, try swapping out the Greek yogurt for sour cream or cream cheese. You won’t get as much protein, but you’ll still get tons of flavor and creaminess.
- Choose a different herb: If thyme isn’t your thing, play around with other fresh herbs like rosemary or oregano. These herbs add an earthy touch to the dip.
- Change the lemon juice: Swap out the lemon juice for red wine vinegar for a little more flavor.
- Use a different cheese: Not a fan of goat cheese? Swap it for feta cheese. We recommend regular fat feta as low or no fat feta can be too crumbly for this dip.
- Add some heat: Want to add a kick? Swap regular roasted red peppers for roasted red peppers!
- Make a double batch so you can eat it all week long!
- If you don’t have a food processor, a Mixer works great too! Just be sure to scrape down the sides of the blender to get everything mixed together nicely!
Store leftover dip in an airtight container or bowl covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Serve this dip in a bowl with a side of baguette slices, crackers, or pita chips for dipping! If you want to create an entire appetizer, pair this dip with other appetizers like Everything Bagel Crispy Baked Chicken Wings, Fajita Nachos, and Healthy Rosemary Thyme Balsamic Meatballs!
Quick Tip – Another great idea would be to spread it on a sandwich for a little extra layer of flavor!
Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender. Process on high, stopping to scrape down the sides until smooth.
Transfer the dip to a bowl and top with more roasted red peppers, caramelized onions and fresh thyme. Eat cold with your favorite crackers.
Tips & Notes
- Cheese substitute: if you don’t like goat cheese, try Boursin cheese. We made it with this swap and it’s delicious.
- We enjoyed this dip cold, but it would be delicious warm.
Calories: 140kcal Carbohydrates: 22G Protein: 10G Fat: 3G Fiber: 3G Sugar: 2G