Combine the classic flavors of pizza with the comfort of a quesadilla – presenting the must-try dish everyone is talking about.
Combining the rich flavors of pizza with the comfort of a quesadilla brings together two favorite dishes in a unique and delightful way. This mouth-watering fusion offers the satisfaction of a pizza, all wrapped up in the warm embrace of a tortilla. Furthermore? It’s so quick and easy, making it a great choice for quick meals, casual gatherings, or even a weekend getaway.
Absolutely! While the recipe suggests flour tortillas, you can experiment with whole wheat, spinach, or even gluten-free variations.
Butter enhances the flavor and helps brown the tortilla. However, you can also use olive oil or non-stick spray for a lighter version.
Mozzarella is recommended for its melting quality, but feel free to use your favorite melting cheese like cheddar or Monterey Jack.
- Butter: Olive oil or nonstick cooking spray.
- Pizza Sauce: Homemade tomato sauce, pesto or even barbecue sauce for a refresher.
- Mozzarella cheese: Cheddar, Monterey Jack or a blend of your favorite cheeses.
- Pepperoni: Any protein or vegetarian alternative such as chicken, tofu or tempeh.
This recipe contains dairy (cheese) and gluten (flour tortillas). For those with allergies or sensitivities, consider using dairy-free cheese alternatives and gluten-free tortillas.
If you prefer more toppings than a simple pepperoni quesadilla pizza, give these a try!
- Canadian bacon
- Everything you would put on a pizza!
Tips from the chef
- Make sure your pan is preheated before adding the tortilla to brown.
- Avoid overfilling to prevent leakage and ensure even cooking.
- Customize your fills! As noted, feel free to add ingredients like Canadian bacon, sausage, mushrooms, olives, onions, peppers, and more.
- For a crunchier quesadilla, lightly brush the outer layer of the tortilla with butter or oil.
Storage and reheating instructions
Cool leftovers to room temperature, then store in an airtight container. They will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, use a skillet over medium heat or an oven preheated to 350°F until hot. If you have a batch you want to freeze, wrap them individually in plastic wrap before placing them in a freezer bag. They can be frozen for up to a month. Reheat directly from frozen using the same pan or oven method.