This pineapple cheese ball is the perfect addition to any party!
This sweet and savory cheese recipe has crushed pineapple, diced peppers and green onions mixed with cream cheese.
Dip, spread, wipe or spread the cheesy goodness all season long!
Sweet and Salty Pineapple Cheese Ball!
- Wipe this out Quick and easy pineapple cheesecake with easy-to-find ingredients and zero cooking!
- Go ahead! Mix, shape and freeze the pineapple pecan cheese balls up to 2 weeks in advance so they’re ready for last minute invitations or guests!
- Moldable! Shape pineapple with cream cheese into balls, logs, or serve from a decorative plate with a butter knife for delicate chips and crackers.
Ingredients and variations
Cream Cheese Base – Use a block of full-fat cream cheese for best results. We like to keep the seasonings simple, but feel free to add your favorite fresh herbs or spices.
Additions – In addition to the crushed pineapple, we also add red peppers (you can also use green pepper if you prefer).
Topping – This cheese ball is rolled in chopped pecans mixed with cheese and chopped herbs. Toast the nuts first for great flavor.
Variations – Add a few pieces of bacon or ham. You can change the cheese for any variety. Pepper jack or cheddar cheese are favorites.
How to make a pineapple cheese ball
- Combine cream cheese with everything except ½ Monterey jack, pecans, and parsley.
- Shape into one large ball, two smaller balls, or a log. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Toast and crush the pecans. Mix with the remaining cheese and parsley.
- Roll cheese ball in pecan coating, pressing gently. Serve immediately or chill.
PRO TIP: Freeze the strained pineapple juice in ice cubes for cocktails or iced tea.
Our favorite Dippers
- Crackers such as Ritz, crackers or wheat thins.
- Pretzel chips, pita chips or vegetable straws.
- Fresh vegetables such as celery sticks, pepper slices and round cucumbers or zucchini.
Storing cheese balls
- Keep pineapple cheese balls covered in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Cheese balls can be wrapped and refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Freeze for up to two months and thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
Did you make this pineapple cheese ball? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Pineapple cheese ball
Make this delicious recipe with pineapple cheese and enjoy it with vegetables, crackers or crostini.
Combine cream cheese, pineapple, red pepper, green onion, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce & 1 cup Monterey Jack in a large bowl. Mix well.
Form the cream cheese mixture into a ball. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Meanwhile, toast the pecans and cool completely. Combine frozen pecans, remaining Monterey Jack, and parsley in a shallow bowl.
Take the cheese out of the fridge and roll it into the pecan mixture, pressing to stick.
Serve with crackers, vegetables or your favorite dips.
Leftover cheese balls can be stored tightly wrapped in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Calories: 169 | Carbohydrates: 5G | Protein: 5G | Fat: 15G | Saturated fat: 7G | Polyunsaturated fats: 2G | Monounsaturated fat: 5G | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 164mg | Potassium: 106mg | Fiber: 1G | Sugar: 4G | Vitamin A: 577IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 134mg | Iron: 0.5mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.