Dive into the delicious combination of crispy rice cereal and creamy peanut butter with these absolutely amazing Rice Krispie Peanut Butter Treats!
Rice Krispie treats have always been a favorite snack, bringing back all our favorite childhood memories. The addition of peanut butter not only adds a creamy dimension, but also gives it a rich nutty note and a boost of protein. Whether you’re looking to recreate a bit of your past or introduce a new generation to this delicious snack, Rice Krispie Peanut Butter Treats are sure to become a favorite.
Overcooking the marshmallow and butter mixture can result in tougher treats. It is best to melt them until they are homogeneous.
Yes, chunky peanut butter can be used for a different texture and added crunch.
This could be because you’re not using enough Rice Krispie cereal or you’re not pressing the mixture firmly into the pan.
A dry mix can result from too much Rice Krispies or stale marshmallows. Make sure your ingredients are fresh and properly measured.
- Butter: You can substitute refined coconut oil or a plant-based butter substitute for a dairy-free version.
- Mini marshmallows: Large marshmallows can be used but may take longer to melt.
- Peanut butter: Almond, cashew, or really any other nut butter can be a delicious alternative.
- Chocolate chips: Add some chocolate chips for a sweet contrast.
- Caramel Drizzle: A light caramel drizzle on top can add an extra layer of flavor.
- Sea salt or crushed peanuts: For those who like a mix of sweet and salty, sprinkle some sea salt or crushed peanuts on top.
Tips from the chef
- Use a fresh bag of marshmallows for optimal melting.
- Stir the mixture constantly to prevent burning.
Storage and freezing instructions
Store your Rice Krispie Peanut Butter Treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. If you plan to freeze them, wrap individual squares in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer-safe container. They can be stored frozen for up to a month. When ready to enjoy, thaw at room temperature.