The Peanut Butter Pie recipe is incredibly easy!
A rich fluffy peanut butter filling is nestled in a no-bake chocolate chip cookie crust. It’s the perfect creamy, dreamy dessert!
Easy Peanut Butter Pie
- Easy, no baking Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is a light and fluffy dessert with some impressive Insta-worthy topping options!
- Versatile for every occasion! Chocolate and peanut butter are flavor BFFs and this pie is no exception! Why make birthday cake when you can serve birthday pie?
- ONE classic favourite! Holidays, warm weather, or just hanging out at home, this pie will become a family favorite the first time it’s served!
Ingredients for the Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut butter – I prefer creamy peanut butter (eg Jif the Skippy) but crisp will work too. Avoid using “natural” peanut butter as it doesn’t mix as smoothly.
- Cream cheese – Use a piece of cream cheese at room temperature. Full fat is best for richness and texture, but low fat can be used for a lighter version.
- Whipping cream – Heavy cream is folded in for a fluffy texture, you can replace it with 2 cups of ready whipped cream, however the pie will be a little sweeter.
- Powdered sugar – Adds sweetness and blends gently.
- Crust – Oreo cookies, including the filling, are crumbed for the crust. You can substitute a graham cracker crust, Nilla Wafers or Nutter Butters.
How to Make Peanut Butter Pie
Baked pies have their place, but sometimes the simplicity of a prepare, mix and refrigerate the pie is everything!
- Make a pie crust and refrigerate (per recipe below).
- Using a hand mixer or the whisk attachment of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, peanut butter and powdered sugar until fluffy. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Spread the peanut butter filling on the crust and chill.
Garnish with chopped peanuts, mini chocolate chips, Reese’s pieces, mini peanut butter cups, or a drizzle of hot fudge sauce.
Storage of leftovers
Store leftover chocolate peanut butter pie, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Freeze portions by wrapping them carefully in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months. Enjoy frozen or thawed first.
Peanut Butter Pie
This is a delicious and easy peanut butter pie nestled in a quick no-bake chocolate crust.
To make the crust, add the cookies to a food processor and pulse until crumbly. Add the melted butter and pulse a few more times to combine.
Press the crumb mixture into a deep pie dish and refrigerate while you make the filling.
To make the filling, add the cream cheese and peanut butter to a medium bowl and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream with the mixer until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture until well combined.
Spread the peanut butter filling on the crust. Cover and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours or overnight.
Top with extra whipped cream, peanut butter cups and crushed peanuts if desired.
Do not use natural peanut butter in this recipe.
The whipped cream can be substituted with 2 cups of whipped cream, such as cool whipped cream, which will make the pie slightly sweeter.
The chocolate crust can be substituted with a graham cracker crust.
Freeze individual slices by wrapping them carefully in plastic wrap and freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe updated for improved consistency in 2023.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 449 | Carbohydrates: 41G | Protein: 9G | Fat: 29G | Saturated fat: 13G | Polyunsaturated fats: 4G | Monounsaturated fat: 10G | Unsaturated fats: 0.2G | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 305mg | Potassium: 245mg | Fiber: 2G | Sugar: 28G | Vitamin A: 664IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 3mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.
Did your family love this peanut butter pie? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!