Getting in shape and eating healthier is at the top of many people’s New Year’s resolution lists. Even if you’re already working out consistently and following a solid diet plan, the new year can be a great time to set new fitness goals or try a new program. To help you start your 2024 health and wellness journey, we’ve put together a list of the best fitness sales for the New Year.
We’ll be updating this page frequently as we gather more information about the New Year Sale, so be sure to bookmark it and keep checking back so you don’t miss any deals.
Selected 2024 New Year’s fitness sales
The best New Year’s deals on cardio equipment
The New Year is a popular time to buy the best cardio machines as many people are eager to start or restore healthy habits. Fortunately, cardio equipment brands are making it easier on your wallet by offering significant savings on rowers, ellipticals, treadmills, exercise bikes and more.
- Aviron: Last year, Aviron offered $300 off its Impact and Strong Series rowers for subscribers
- CAROL bicycle: The CAROL bike was $250 off for New Years last year
- Echelon: Last year, Echelon offered up to 20% off all connected strength training equipment and free shipping
- Horizon Fitness: For New Years 2023, Horizon offered huge savings of up to $1,000 on cardio equipment
- Hydrow: Through January 9, 2023, rowers and rowing packages were up to $300 off and Hydrow offered free standard delivery
- Life Fitness: Strength and cardio equipment were up to 50% off last year
- NordicTrack: Last year’s deal was up to $500 off cardio equipment
- Schwinn: Last year, shoppers could save up to $200 and get free shipping on all exercise bikes
- Exclusive: Select runways had sales last year
The best New Year’s deals on endurance gear
Are you excited to lift some heavy weights and set PRs in the new year? Check out the deals below from some of our favorite strength gear brands.
- Steel bells: Last year, select items on the Bells of Steel website were up to 40% off.
- US power: Last year, buyers could get a free barbell on X Series models or a free grip accessory with any MyRack purchase
- Fringe Sports: In 2023, Fringe Sport offered 5% off all purchases from 26th December to 2nd January and 10% off all gym packages from 2nd January
- PRx performance: The brand offered 10% off orders of $1,750 or more last year
- REP Fitness: Last year, REP offered deals on select items and we hope to see the same this year. Plus, you can always check out our REP Fitness discount codes page for additional ways to save.
- Rogue Fitness: To kick off 2023, Rogue offered daily deals, HUNDO prices, free shipping and more
- Titan Fitness: Last year, we saw a lot of flash deals, including up to $200 off strength training equipment
The best New Year’s deals on Smart Home gym equipment
Smart home gym equipment can be a great solution for those with limited space, as it gives you access to features like automatic weight adjustment in one compact unit. But it can be even more expensive than one The top bar and squat rack come together, so waiting for a good holiday sale is usually worth it.
- Tonic: Last year, until January 31st, you could try Tonal for free for 90 days. If you’re not satisfied, you can return it within 90 days of installation for a full refund.
The best New Year’s deals on supplements and nutrition
A healthy lifestyle does not only require constant exercise. Proper nutrition is also essential, whether you want to lose weight or build muscle. Products like protein powder can help with both goals, and we’ve rounded up the best New Year’s deals on supplements from the brands we trust most.
- Kaged: Last year, this brand that makes my favorite pre-workout was offering 20% off until January 31st with code NEWME20
- Myprotein: Last year, Myprotein offered 50% off hundreds of items and 30% off everything else with the code SAVE30
The best New Year’s sales on fitness clothing
I pretty much live in leggings and gym clothes, so I’m always on the hunt for deals on gym clothes. We’re still waiting for the 2024 sales, but here are the deals we saw last year on some popular clothing brands.
- Adidas: Adidas offered up to 60% off clothing, shoes and accessories last year
- Columbia: Select items were up to 60% off last year
- Mythical: Last year, new VIP members could get 70% off everything
- lululemon: This popular fitness and lifestyle brand for men and women offered discounts on shorts, leggings and more last year
- Win: Last year, with the code CHEERS, shoppers could get an extra 20% off select sale styles
- Reebok: Reebok held year-end sales last year where you could get an extra 50% off with the code EOSS
How to find the best gym sales for the New Year
Consider the must-have features and set a budget
I know from personal experience how easy it is to drop a huge chunk of money on exercise equipment. I would argue that it’s worth investing in items that can improve your health and well-being, but I also recognize the importance of saving money.
By doing some research in the weeks leading up to the New Year, you’ll have a good idea of how much different exercise equipment costs and what you’re getting for the price. For example, you can buy a rowing machine with a touch screen and the ability to stream lessons for over $2,000. Or, for less than $500, you can buy a model with a simple display that tracks a few basic performance metrics.
Once you’ve determined the features that are most important to you, you can decide how much you’re willing to spend to get everything you want in your desired gear — just make sure you stick to your budget! And if you’re having trouble finding equipment in your price range, check out our guide to the best affordable home gym equipment.
Check price history
As someone who loves to shop, I’ve become familiar with the (sometimes shady) sales tactics of various retailers. They will increase the prices of their items right before the holiday season and then offer discounts on the increased price. Uninformed buyers may not even realize this is happening and think they are getting a good deal. In fact, they are essentially paying the original price.
Read customer reviews
In addition to checking the pricing history of the equipment you want, I recommend reading reviews — from multiple places, if possible. Some companies hide negative reviews on their websites, so you won’t learn the common complaints about a particular item unless you check multiple sources.
At Breaking Muscle, it’s our job to review fitness products, and we don’t hesitate to point out the pros and cons of the items we test. To help you make the right decision for your needs, we’ve put together several guides to the best home gym equipment:
Read the fine print
When you’re dropping potentially thousands of dollars on a large piece of gym equipment, you want to make sure that your money won’t go to waste if something goes wrong with it or you don’t like it. Read about things like:
- Company Returns Policy
- Either there is a free trial or not
- How long is the warranty and what does it cover?
- Either you can finance the item or not
Weights are usually released in January. In the past, we’ve seen sales on barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, and other weight training equipment from brands like Rogue, REP Fitness, and Titan Fitness.
For the New Year, you can find discounts on all kinds of exercise equipment, including dumbbells, barbells, kettlebells, squat racks, weight benches, treadmills, exercise bikes and more. You should also be able to find discounts on smaller items like smartwatches, water bottles, yoga mats and more.
In our experience, Black Friday (followed by Cyber Monday) is always the best time to buy fitness equipment. But brands also know that many people make New Year’s fitness resolutions, and the New Year can be the perfect time to save on a treadmill, rowing machine, stationary bike and other home fitness equipment.