This deep fryer chicken wing recipe is so much easier than frying!
Deep fryer chicken wings are quick to make and are crispy, crunchy and delicious without all the mess and oil splatter.
Air fryer wings are fuss free!
Skip the fryer – these wings are crispy and delicious!
- They have the crunch of fried wings without losing or splattering oil.
- This air fryer wings recipe cooks much faster than baking in the oven.
- Versatile – toss these wings in sauces or add dips and dressings.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings Ingredients
Chicken wings – Split wings are best in this recipe, where the flat or wing part is separated from the drumstick and the wing tips have been removed and discarded.
Condiments – These wings are seasoned simply with salt and pepper. You can also add other seasonings like garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, lemon pepper or ranch dressing mix.
They also pair well with any sauce from buffalo sauce to teriyaki sauce to garlic parmesan.
How to Make Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These really are the best wings – super simple to make, crispy and juicy on the inside.
- Season the wings with salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Preheat the air fryer according to the recipe below.
- Place the wings in a single layer in the air fryer basket and cook until crisp, turning halfway through.
- Cook in batches if necessary and reheat all wings in the air fryer for 3 minutes before serving.
Serve wings with carrot and celery sticks and your favorite sauce, such as blue cheese dip or ranch dressing.
Condiments & Sauces for Wings
- Dry the wings before cooking; liquid will cause them to steam.
- Fly gently with one touch of oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray to help the seasonings stick.
- Shake or turn wings after 10 minutes to brown evenly.
- Do not overfill the air fryer. If needed, make a few smaller batches and place them all back in the fryer for 3 minutes to warm/crisp before serving.
What’s your favorite way to cook crispy chicken wings? Leave us a comment below!
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
These air fryer chicken wings turn out perfectly crispy every time!
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
Use a paper towel to dry the feathers.
In a medium bowl, toss the wings with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Place the wings in a single layer in the fryer basket.
Bake the wings for 20-22 minutes until the skin is crispy, turning the wings after 10 minutes.
Remove wings from fryer and season with additional salt and pepper or desired sauce.
- Dry the wings before cooking, the liquid makes them steam rather than crisp
- Do not overfill your air fryer. If needed, make a few smaller batches and then place them all back in the fryer for 3 minutes to warm/crisp before serving.
- If your air fryer is like a toaster oven, place an aluminum-lined pan on the rack under the wings to catch any drips for easy cleanup.
Nutritional information is for approximately 6 wings.
Serving: 6behind the scenes | Calories: 235 | Carbohydrates: 0.2G | Protein: 17G | Fat: 18G | Saturated fat: 5G | Polyunsaturated fats: 3G | Monounsaturated fat: 8G | Unsaturated fats: 0.2G | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 358mg | Potassium: 147mg | Fiber: 0.1G | Sugar: 0.003G | Vitamin A: 136IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.
Chicken Wing Wonders