This egg roll in a bowl recipe is my go-to for lunch or a quick dinner at night.
On the table in less than 20 minutes, this easy skillet meal combines ground pork or turkey, shredded cabbage, and our favorite eggnog flavors into one easy dinner.
Egg roll in a bowl is so easy!
- 20 minutes: This recipe is quick to make – no searing or frying required!
- Clean the fridge: A great way to use up leftover vegetables in the fridge. Chop or chop almost any vegetable and add it to stretch the meal.
- Meal Prep Magic: I double the batch and eat ready meals for days, reheat in the microwave.
- Family Favorite: Even the pickiest will ask for seconds.
Egg roll ingredients in a bowl
Minced meat – I use ground pork, ground turkey or chicken. For a vegetarian version, try scrambled eggs or tofu.
vegetables – Pre-made coleslaw or broccoli slaw makes this easy, but you can also shred your own cabbage. To add more to the mix, grated carrots, cauliflower rice and chopped broccoli are all great options.
Tastes – Freshly chopped garlic and ginger add great flavor. If you don’t have minced garlic, use 1 teaspoon of garlic powder instead. Replace regular or low-sodium soy sauce with coconut aminos or tamari if needed.
How to make an egg roll in a bowl
- Brown the minced meat and drain the fat according to the recipe below.
- Add the egg whites from the green onions, ginger, garlic and coleslaw, mix and saute until the chocolate softens.
- Mix with soy sauce and sesame oil. Garnish with cilantro, spring onions and sesame seeds and serve hot.
Service & Storage
Serve the egg roll in a bowl as is or over Instant Pot rice, ramen noodles, or even low-carb zoodles. A crisp, cold side of Easy Asian Salad or a side of Sesame Ginger Peas are the perfect sides to this delicious dish.
Keep leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheat on the stove or in the microwave.
Did you like this egg roll in a bowl? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Egg roll in a bowl
Egg Roll in a Bowl is a quick and delicious meal with the flavors of our favorite eggs in a simplified bowl.
In a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, brown the ground chicken or pork, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Drain off any fat.
Add the egg whites from the green onions, ginger, garlic and coleslaw mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, until coleslaw is tender, about 5 minutes.
Mix with soy sauce and sesame oil and cook for 1 more minute.
Divide into bowls and garnish with cilantro, green onions and sesame seeds.
- Chopped mushrooms, bean sprouts, chopped water chestnuts
- Sriracha or red pepper flakes to taste
- Nuts such as cashews or crushed peanuts
Calories: 353 | Carbohydrates: 9G | Protein: 22G | Fat: 25G | Saturated fat: 9G | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 841mg | Potassium: 592mg | Fiber: 3G | Sugar: 4G | Vitamin A: 231IU | Vitamin C: 45mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 2mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.