Dive into these absolutely delicious treats! Create a chocolate twist on the favorite Rice Krispie treat with chocolate Rice Krispie treats that everyone will love.
Chocolate Rice Krispie treats are the ultimate sweet comfort, combining crunchy cereal, melted marshmallows and rich chocolate chips. It’s a treat that perfectly balances a crunchy texture with a soft, luscious filling. Rooted in our childhood memories, these seamlessly blend simplicity with elegance, making them an all-time favorite for kids and adults alike.
Yes, you can experiment with different grains, but the texture and taste may vary.
Over-baking the marshmallow mixture can result in tougher treats. It is important to melt it on low heat and avoid over stirring.
For sure! We kept it classic, but you can add nuts or dried fruit if you like.
- Butter: You can use refined coconut oil or a plant-based butter substitute as an alternative.
- Mini Marshmallows: Marshmallow cream can be a substitute, although the texture may change slightly.
- Mini Chocolate Chips: Consider cocoa nibs or nibs for a different chocolate texture.
The classic Rice Krispie is just a starting point. Explore the following variations for a twist:
- White Chocolate Dream: Replace the mini chocolate chips with white chocolate chips.
- Caramel Drizzle: Once set, drizzle the caramel sauce over the treats for an extra layer of flavor.
- Nut Crunchy: Mix in your favorite chopped nuts like almonds, walnuts or pecans.
- Treatments Not Setting? Make sure your marshmallow mixture is not overcooked and always allow plenty of cooling time.
- Too sticky? A little extra dusting of Rice Krispie cereal powder can help reduce stickiness.
Tips from the chef
- Always use fresh marshmallows for the best melting and texture.
- Oil your spatula to prevent the mixture from sticking while stirring.
- For even pressure, use a flat-bottomed object, such as a measuring tape.
- To cut clean squares, dip the knife in hot water before each slice.
Storage and freezing instructions
Store the treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you want to keep them longer, consider freezing them. To freeze, place individual squares between layers of parchment paper in a freezer-friendly container. They can be stored frozen for up to a month. When you’re ready to enjoy them, let them thaw at room temperature.