These Sweet and Spicy Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots are the perfect easy and delicious side dish, perfect for a weeknight meal but elegant enough for your holiday table!
Brown sugar roasted carrots
Looking for an easy side dish recipe for everyday dinners, as well as being special enough to deserve a place on your holiday table? This recipe for roasted carrots is THE ONE! It is both a little sweet and a little spicy but incredibly delicious! I serve this carrot recipe every Thanksgiving, but sometimes I just make them for snacks because I love them so much!
Because you will love this recipe
- These roasted carrots are SO good, almost like eating candy! Carrots are a sweet vegetable, but combined with balsamic vinegar and brown sugar combined with black and red pepper, these are irresistible!
- Ease of preparation! This recipe takes very little time to prepare and easy, no-fuss baking time!
- Roasted carrots are easy enough to make on a weeknight as a side dish for your chicken nuggets, but they’re also elegant enough to serve at your holiday table!
To find the full recipe, go to Imperial Sugar who I worked with on all the details!
- carrots. I like to use whole medium / large carrots. Just peel them and slice them! You can also use baby carrots as a time saver!
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Light brown sugar. You can also use dark brown sugar!
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black
- Crushed red pepper
- Fresh parsley for garnish
How to make Brown Sugar Roasted Carrots
- Peel the carrots and cut each carrot into strips about 4 inches long and about 3/4 to 1 inch wide. I get 6 – 8 pieces per carrot. Set aside. If you prefer, you can use baby carrots. The trick is to make sure all the carrots are about the same size so they cook evenly!
- In a large bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, brown sugar, salt, pepper and red pepper. Place the carrots in the bowl and toss to coat the carrots evenly with the vinegar mixture. Pour the carrots and extra liquid into a large baking dish evenly, spreading the carrots in a single layer in the baking dish. You’ll want to use a pan with sides so no liquid drips down the sides!
- Bake the carrots at 425°F for 25 – 30 minutes or until the balsamic mixture has thickened and the carrots are deep golden brown and tender.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.
These carrots should be stored airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days for best freshness.
Go to Imperial Sugar for the FULL RECIPE!
BROOCH FOR LATER!