Bacon Wrapped Scallops are tender, buttery and delicious!!
Juicy scallops wrapped in crispy bacon create a flavor explosion that’s perfect for impressing your guests or simply treating yourself to a tasty snack.
They can be an appetizer or a main course and can be grilled, roasted or fried!
Crowd Pleasing Appetizer or Meal
- Bacon-wrapped scallops can be served as an appetizer as an appetizer.
- Cooked in a light garlic butter sauce, the bacon adds a wonderful smoky savory flavor and the scallops come out perfectly tender.
- This Bacon Wrapped Scallops recipe is easy to make, can be prepared ahead of time, but looks amazing.
- Serve with spicy cocktail sauce for dipping!
Fresh scallops and smoked bacon are what make this recipe so great!
Scallops – There are two sizes of combs. small (bay scallops) best suited for tossing in a sauce over pasta, or large (sea scallops) used in this recipe or for baked scallops.
Bacon – Use regular (not thick cut) bacon and cook it partway through, this allows the bacon to crisp up without overcooking the scallops.
spices – Garlic, lemon pepper, parsley, salt & pepper are mixed with butter to season these scallops.
How to make bacon-wrapped scallops
- Fry or microwave the bacon until soft but not too crispy.
- Wrap the bacon around the scallop, secure with a toothpick (according to the recipe below).
- Melt the butter and mix with the garlic, parsley and lemon pepper. Pass the scallops.
- For roasting: Cook on medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes.
- For baking: Place under the broiler for 8 to 10 minutes, turning halfway through.
- To air fry: Cook for 11 to 13 minutes.
Tips for the best bacon-wrapped scallops
- Choose scallops that are uniform in size so they cook evenly. Scallops should be opaque and have a pleasant fresh ocean smell.
- Soaking wooden skewers or photos in water for 30 minutes ensures that the skewers do not burn.
- Choose slices of bacon that will fit on the sides of each piece. If the scallops are small, wrap two scallops in one slice of bacon.
Have you tried these bacon wrapped scallops? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Bacon Wrapped Scallops are a delicious appetizer or main course and easy to make!
Place short wooden skewers in water to soak for 30 minutes.
Place the bacon in a pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, or until lightly cooked and rendering some fat. Bacon should not be crispy.
Dry the scallops with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Wrap the bacon around the scallops and thread 2 to 3 scallops onto each skewer leaving some space between each scallop.
In a small bowl, mix the melted butter with the garlic, parsley and lemon pepper. Pass the scallops.
Place an oven rack 6 inches from the broiler and preheat the chicken over high heat.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Place the scallops in the prepared pan and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, flipping after 3 minutes. Cook until bacon is crisp and scallops are cooked, do not overcook.
Soaking the skewers in water for 30 minutes ensures they won’t burn.
For the grill: Preheat the grill to medium heat. Add scallop skewers and grill for 6-8 minutes or just until bacon is crisp. Don’t overcook.
To air fry: Place scallops in an air fryer at 350°F for 11-13 minutes. Cook until the bacon is crisp and the scallop is cooked. Don’t overcook.
Calories: 196 | Carbohydrates: 2G | Protein: 10G | Fat: 16G | Saturated fat: 6G | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 420mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 1G | Sugar: 1G | Vitamin A: 87IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 3mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary depending on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photos are copyrighted. Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. See my photo usage policy here.